|Montessori education is a child centered, observation based, scientifically developed method of education practiced in schools worldwide. Montessori education includes public, private, and religious schools, teacher training, research, homeschooling, and more.
The links below cover a range of topics within Montessori:
- Authenticity: Anyone can use the name “Montessori,” so authenticity is a hotly debated topic within the Montessori world.
- From Birth to Eighteen: Montessori is a comprehensive model of development from childhood to adulthood.
- Public Montessori: Montessori began as a publicly funded program, and is expanding into U.S. public education.
- Find A School: Several websites offer school location services.
- Accreditation: Several Montessori organizations offer accreditation, and many Montessori schools are accredited with independent bodies.
- Montessori teacher training is available in a range of formats.
- Research into Montessori education shows increased attention, engagement, and executive function.